Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Weekend Glow

The weekend always means beauty on the double. All the things you just don't have time for during the week, all the things you put on the long finger. Men head to the shed for their tool box/ lawnmower/ hose while we head to the bathroom with a scrub/ foot file and at this time of year some kind of fake tan.

With the Irish weather you need to be prepared for everything when it comes to your tan. (You'd never know when you might want to get those legs out!) The orange look is gone and hey the pale look is fine but if you're not blessed with porcelain skin and instead have to deal with blotches/ varicose veins and random redness then a bit of colour on those pins and arms does no harm.

Trying to find the balance between oompa loompa and vampire can be pretty tough.

I've tried everything from instant, to self tan, to tinted body lotions to gradual tan builders and really it just depends on the occasion. Dove summer glow is the way to go for me for an everyday subtle tan, can be a little stinky. At night is probably the best time to let it come up, it won't ruin your clothes that way, but it might drive you're other half to the spare bed (doubles up as a contraception!)

The problem I'm facing this weekend is trying to scrub it off - wedding on Friday and need to put on a more reliable tan. Going to try out the new L'oreal sublime which promises not to smell, not sure if that's possible, may need to cover the bathroom in some kind of plastic first because it's one of those spray ones, I'm already imaging the state the place will be in by the time I'm done! Have no idea how you're supposed to do your toes/ feet/ hands/ fingers with one of those spray bottles - I've no doubt it'll be an interesting result.

The tanoxeric in me in not looking forward to spending the week pale while I prep my skin for the fake tan application on Thursday. I probably should mention I'm fairly pale and although I've no intention of walking around like I had a wash with a can of tango I don't appreciate the 'are you sick questions'  so it's going to be all about finding the balance. I don't know if a natural looking fake tan is possible though.

I have bought the shade for fair so hopefully I'll be a little more Holly Willoughby and a little less Katie Price for next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment