Friday, September 28, 2012

Stick To The Lippy

I'm going to get a bit lippy with this post, I'm going to literally put my money where my mouth is and I'm going to seal it with a kiss. Now that's all the puns out of the way .... sorry about that .... it's time to talk lipstick.

For most of my make-up wearing life (..which is quite a while) lipgloss was one of my can't live without items. Juicy Tubes and MAC lipglass are my favourite. But after years of mediocre colour and my hair sticking to my lips I discovered I was missing out.

I was afraid of lipstick, because after trying it  few times I found it be very drying and I always ended up with it on my teeth and sometimes smeared off my lips. One Halloween I invested in a bright red lippy to match my costume and I was impressed.

Over the last couple of years I've gone for strong shades, mainly for going out, but one of more recent additions is a lovely one for daytime. It's MAC, Chatter box in the Amplified Creme finish.

It's pretty, it's pink, the colour lasts, and it doesn't dry out my lips. The day after I got it I dropped it on the floor while it was open. I managed to mould the bit that got damaged and thankfully it was salvageable.

It's not cheap, but you know what you're buying is going to be good and will go the distance. I can't fault it and definitely will be investing in a few more shades. Girl About Town is on my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment