Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Pits


If Ogres are like onions because they have layers then I must be related to Shrek! As promised I've been going to town on the exfoliation trying to reveal a new layer of youthful, glowing skin. I'm dying to exaggerate and say it's been tough work but the only person it's been hard for is the one trying to get in to the bathroom while I'm scrubbing away all the dead skin cells.

I continued to dip into the Spa Siam products this week, they're pretty impressive. I took my aching body off for a bath on Saturday, I'm was either wrecked from my new weights programme or I'm getting too old for going out on a Friday night, and decided to try out the Oatmeal rice face scrub. While the lemongrass bath salts got to work on relaxing my muscles I set about using the scrub. It looked like mushy weetabix, but it smelt yummy and felt fab when I massaged it in. It helped to ease the appearance of last weeks unwelcome spots and my skin definitely had a bit of a glow about it after.

Which is more then I can say for my Anew Clinical Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum. (http://beautyslogblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/spot-of-bother.html) I quit using it this week for a number of reasons; First off it was doing nothing to lessen the appearance of the skin pigmentation I developed while on holidays. Secondly it was leaving my skin looking a little greasy even though I was using the correct amount. Thirdly I'm pretty sure the serum was responsible for my spot breakout, I'm lucky enough to have pretty clear skin and this was the only thing I'd started using or changed before the breakout. For such a pricey product the results for me were pretty disappointing.

Something I find the 'pits' is trying to find an effective anti-perspirant. My body unfortunately feels the excessive need to cool itself down meaning I'm often left looking like a penguin in my attempts to hide the offending wet patches. Before any of you start avoiding me I should point out that B.O. isn't a problem. A few weeks back I tried Tripe Dry Anti-Perspirant Spray. It wasn't bad but although under my arms were mainly dry they didn't feel very fresh. Sure have come out with a new one and of course I was keen to try it. It's called Sure Women Maximum Protection. It comes in a white box and I got it for €3.99. It's most effective apparently when put on before heading to bed because our body temperature tends to be pretty consistent while sleeping and this allows the anti-perspirant to get to work. Don't worry it's supposed to keep working after your shower in the morning. Only once in 3 days have I remembered to put it on a night, so I've had to make do with the mornings. So far though it's getting a thumbs up from me. It's been keeping underneath my arms fairly dry; it doesn't irritate if you put it on after shaving and it smells pretty fresh.

All I need to do now is to remember to spray it with the window open to avoid the inevitable coughing fit!




No comments:

Post a Comment